Primer for use with most silicone sealants on porous and cementitious surfaces to enhance adhesion.
It is an air-drying primer supplied as a solution of resin reactive materials in a solvent
With proper preparation, it is also suitable for metal substrates such as polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) overcoating resin-painted aluminum.
- Priming porous substrates such as
- brick, wall
- natural stone
- glass fiber reinforced concrete
- Properly prepared metal substrates, painted aluminum
- Primer for silicones
- Horizontal applications where residual water may be present
Features and Benefits
- It supports the adhesion of silicone sealants to masonry, stone, concrete and metal surfaces
- Comfortable one-piece formula
- Film-forming primer resistant to degradation of adhesion due to immersion in water
- The resin does not discolor under the influence of sunlight
Basic parameters of Dowsil Primer P
| Adhesion to
| Concrete, masonry, metal, stone
| Clear, transparent
| Flash point, closed cup
| Shelf life
| 540 days
| Specific gravity at 25°C
| UV marker
| Volatile organic content
| After applying Primer P
Sealant application time at 25°C
| 0.5 hour
| 8 hours
Shelf Life and Storage
When stored in original, unopened containers, DOWSIL™ Construction Primer P has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
DOWSIL™ Construction Primer P should be stored between 5 and 25°C in a well-ventilated place, away from direct sunlight.
Porous surfaces to be primed should be clean, dry and free from contamination. Use the abrasive cleaning method, then blow with compressed air to remove dust.
Non-porous surfaces should be cleaned with solvent using two cloths,
Primer Apply a thin, even layer with a brush to the surfaces to be primed.
Allow the primer to air dry for at least 30 minutes before
sealant application (the primer should be dry to the touch).
Sealer should be applied within 8 hours of primer application.
Brushes should be soaked in DOWSIL™ OS-2 Silicone Cleaner and Solvent or other
suitable solvent immediately after use.
This product is neither tested nor intended for medical or pharmaceutical use.
DOWSIL™ Construction Primer P inhibits the curing of the following Dowsil construction sealants due to the presence of alcohol in the primer. Do not use DOWSIL™ Construction Primer P with the sealers listed below unless the application procedure and drying time demonstrate a fully curable sealant/primer combination.
- DOWSIL™ 790 silicone construction sealant
- DOWSIL™ 888 silicone joint sealant
- DOWSIL™ 890-SL silicone joint sealant
- DOWSIL™ NS construction sealant
- DOWSIL™ SL construction sealant
- DOWSIL™ Contractors Concrete Sealant