HYLOMAR® M Liquid seal
Flexible sealant based on polyurethane. Long-lasting plastic high-tech sealant
Used as a gasket for: water and oil pumps, inspection hatches and covers, cylinder heads, oil pans, pre-sealing for a fixed gasket, weatherproof sealing of the engine and intake manifolds, timing cover cover, oil pump connections, gearbox components, thread sealing.
Vulcanizes to soft rubber. Once cured, it is resistant to most fluids including all industrial fuels, oil, water and brine, air, piston and turbine engine combustion products, water/glycol and methanol mixtures, crude oil and some synthetic lubricants, fuels, kerosene and coolants.
Hylomar is temperature stable from -50 °C to +250 °C and within this range it can be used as a sealant for surfaces and threads. The product does not react chemically with metals or plastics. It has low electrical conductivity, poor thermal conductivity. It has excellent adhesion.
The reliability and tightness of the seal is guaranteed by the unique chemical, mechanical and thermal resistance of the HYLOMAR binder.
HYLOMAR M is a universal agent used for particularly demanding and critical seals, exposed to e.g. to contact with gasoline, kerosene or lubricants. It is suitable for the effective sealing of metal to metal and plastic to plastic.
- wheeled vehicle engines (e.g. cylinder heads and oil pans)
- sealing engines and intake manifolds against weather conditions
- water and oil pumps
- electrical machines, gyms, high-voltage circuit breakers, also those located outside
- water-cooled generators and vacuum systems
- food industry machinery
- mining machinery
- chemical and petrochemical installations
- gas and water boiler houses
- bonding and sealing of housings, covers and threads
- liquid seals resistant to high temperatures
- flexible sealing for metals
Features and benefits
- High temperature resistance from -50 °C to +250 °C (+300 °C for short periods)
- Resistance to most media, e.g. oil, petrol, grease, water and others
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces
- Universal use in various types of seals
- Fast (seals immediately after solvent evaporation)
- Long-lasting plastic
- Easily removable
- Prevents atmospheric corrosion
- Economical to use
Types of Hylomar
Hylomar L (Light grade): intake manifolds, timing cover covers, oil pump connectors, gearbox and transmission components, thread seals and any perfectly finished (smooth) surface
Hylomar M (Medium grade): water and oil pumps, inspection covers, cylinder heads, oil pans, various machined mechanical parts
Hylomar H (Heavy grade): gas turbines, water-cooled generators, turbo vacuum systems, gearboxes and rougher surfaces
Hylomar M technical data
|M (medium grade)
|max. surface unevenness
|Efficiency of 80 ml of the product
|Product coverage after solvent evaporation
|Relative density (gml-1)
Sealed surfaces should be clean, dry and degreased. Apply a thin and even layer on both surfaces to be sealed. Wait about 10 minutes for the solvent to evaporate, then join and screw together. Retighten the screws after a few minutes. In the case of sealing flat, sanded surfaces, it is enough to apply the agent to one of the surfaces. Hylomar is a long-term plastic agent, therefore, after its application, no haste in the assembly of components is required.
When disassembling components, Hylomar M can be removed with Hylomar Hylo Clean or a cloth soaked in acetone. It is not necessary to scrape it off.